Home / About Us / Short History
Sunbeam was founded in Varanasi in 1972 by Dr. Amrit Lal 'Ishrat' Madhok, HOD, Dept. of Persian Language, BHU and Mrs. Deesh 'Isharat' Madhok, an educationist armed with her experience of heading Indian Embassy School, Tehran. They felt that the complete overall educational needs of children in Varanasi were not being met by existing public and private schools. They decided that this mission could best be achieved through the creation of a private, independent institution, which would be an amalgamation of the best of ancient educational practices and the most modern academic delivery system, and thus was born Sunbeam School. Armed with a vision plus boundless energy put in by Sunbeam management and gaining credibility by the day, Sunbeam made giant strides and the today is poised to establish itself beyond Varanasi n newer frontiers and benefit the students' fraternity by it's accumulated expertise of well over four decades.
In Varanasi, the institution was established with Sunbeam, Bhagwanpur and the progressive trend has not stopped for a day. In its wake came Annapurna, Lahartara, Varuna, Suncity, Indiranagar & Sunbeam College for women. Sunbeam Eduserv has established associate Sunbeam Schools at Ballia, Bhadohi, Deoria, Faizabad, Ghazipur, Jaunpur, Mau, Mughalsarai, Naraynapur, Roberstganj, Sultanpur and is opening Sunbeam Azamgarh in the session 2015-16.
As a group, Sunbeam truly epitomizes the fact that success is a journey and not a destination.
We at Sunbeam Azamgarh aim to help each child to:
- ⇒ Learn effectively and develop their full potential.
- ⇒ Acquire the attitudes, skills and knowledge that will form the basis for their future living and learning.
- ⇒ Provide all children with a secure, caring, friendly and well organized environment where discipline is consistent.
- ⇒ Ensure that all the children receive equal regard and equal access to the curriculum.
- ⇒ Incorporate Technology, theory of Multiple intelligence and collator active learning in all areas of teaching
- ⇒ Develop in children a degree of independence and self-motivation.
- ⇒ Encourage behavior that is tolerant, sensitive to others and reflects good manners and moral awareness.